- Diets don’t work
- Measuring calories in and calories out doesn’t work
- No one way of eating works for everyone
- Fat doesn’t make you fat
- Willpower has nothing to do with discovering your optimum weight
- Foods high in sugar and refined carbs create weight gain
- Excess weight is a symptom of hormone and brain chemistry imbalances
- Restoring proper function to the body leads to shedding excess weight
- Diet from the greek “diata" means “way of life”
So what’s a person to do?
- Eat whole food with the following characteristics; comes from the earth, identifiable in nature, vibrant colors and textures, authentic flavor.
- Avoid “food like” substances that are produced and manufactured into packages, boxes, and bags.
- Drink water. Minimum 50 ounces a day.
- Move your body for at least 30 minutes every day.
- Be sure to get 7 to 8 hours of restful sleep a night.
Cook most of your meals at home. If you can read, you can learn to cook.
If you like challenges, try a day were you eat only whole, real food, drink 50 ounces of water, move your body for 30 minutes, and avoid ALL processed foods. If that seems like too much of a challenge, try one of those things listed above for day and build from there.
KEEP IT SIMPLE. IT'S NOT PERFECTION, IT'S A PROCESS. VISUALIZE YOUR SUCCESS!